The NOUN Final Clearance exercise for 2023 graduating students is now ongoing. In this vein, NOUNNG will be dishing out the important procedure on the following topics on this page:
- Documents Required For Final Clearance,
- Final Clearance Requirement & Process,
- NOUN Bursary Clearance Procedure and Requirements, and
- How to Pay for NOUN Convocation Fee.
Before we proceed, if you have not checked your name on the First Batch and Second Batch graduation list, then do so now.
Documents Required For NOUN Final Clearance
All that found their name(s) on the graduation list are to note the important document needed. The documents required for your final clearance are;
1. NOUN complete e-wallet
2. Project registration slip
3. SIWES/IT registration slip
4. All non-examinable course(s) (Field Observation, Teaching Practice I & II, Clinical Attachment, Practicum, Seminar etc. ) registration slip(s)
5. NOUN Clearance Form
6. All Remita Receipts
NOTE: You are required to print your e-wallet once your name has been listed on the graduation list; failure to do this will require extra charges and your portal will be closed preventing you from printing them.
Final Clearance Requirement & Process
- Your full name MUST appear on the school Graduation list
- Those whose names appear on the graduating list are to visit the link below and fill the survey form, submit and print the form. graduate exit survey form
- Three (3) printed copies of Noun clearance form.
- All evidences of correct registration of Courses and Exams (such as Course and Exam Registration slips or complete E-Wallet) must be provided by you
- You must also provide evidence of payment of Jamb Regularization (6,000) and Result verification (Postgraduate: 10,000, Undergraduate: 5,000)
- All the graduating students of NOUN, must print out their E-Wallets statements from their individual portals showing payments and expenditures and final balance.
- You must provide the proof of payment of CORRECT PROJECT FEE, Industrial Training (I.T), Field observation, Teaching Practice I & II, Clinical attachment, Practicum and Seminar through e-Wallet. Note: If you’ve registered projects before January 1, 2014, with 10,000 you are exempted, but if you registered with 10,000 after 2014, you must pay a balance of 5,000.
- If you can’t find evidence of payment of the above then you need to pay the total sum of N25,000 (SIWES or I.T and Project fee)
- Ensure you make 3 copies of all payment receipts.
- Any Graduating student with a Negative balance in the portal will not be allowed to do the clearance exercise without paying the accruals
- All Graduating Students must Pay CONVOCATION and REGISTRATION FEE of 15,000 within the stipulated time. If you return the convocation gown in good condition, you will get a refund of 5,000 in your bank account.
- The CONVOCATION and REGISTRATION FEE of 15,000 must be paid via the official REMITA website only
- Before you can be fully cleared, you must pay a total sum of N15,000 which is analyzed below:
- Payment for graduation Gown – N15,000.
NOUN Bursary Clearance Procedure and Requirements
These are the requirements for NOUN bursary clearance exercise for final year students. It can only be done after a student must have been cleared for graduation and/or convocation but before the NOUN certificate collection. Here you have them:
- Arrange your proof of payment (Remita receipt and Bank Teller)
- Course Registration slip
- Exam Registration slip
- Comprehensive E-wallet statement
NOTE:- The above documents should be arranged in the order listed above, semester by semester.
How to Pay NOUN Convocation Fee.
- Go to the official Remita website –https://remita.net
- At the top of the website, you will see a search box with the inscription “Who do you want to pay?”.
- Click on that box and type “NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA“
- The name of the school (National Open University of Nigeria) will pop up, so click on it.
- On the next page, you will be provided with upto ten (10) different boxes to fill in your details. So fill the boxes as seen below:
- NAME OF SERVICE/PURPOSE: Select “Miscellaneous income”
- DESCRIPTION/PURPOSE OF PAYMENT: Type your reason for payment (which is CONVOCATION and REGISTRATION FEE in this context). But if you’re also paying for other items, ensure you state it there as well.
- AMOUNT TO PAY (₦): Type the total amount you’re paying for the convocation and registration
- SELECT CURRENCY: Select “NGN – NIGERIAN NAIRA“
- PAYER’S NAME: Type your and Matric Number. E.g (Ola Obi Musa NOU123456789)
- PAYER PHONE: Type your valid phone number
- PAYER EMAIL: Type your portal email address
- CONFIRM EMAIL: Re-type your valid portal email address
- HOW DO YOU WANT TO PAY?: Select “Bank Branch” (Please don’t be tempted to use other payment methods to avoid issues)
- After a successful completion of the previous steps, you’ll be able to generate your RRR, so take the RRR to the nearest commercial Bank for final Payment.