NDA Admission Requirements. Aspiring cadets, this comprehensive guide outlines the eligibility criteria and application process for admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy’s 76th Regular Course for the 2024/2025 academic year.
The NDA 76th Regular Course application process is now open, inviting aspiring cadets to embark on a transformative journey of academic and military development. To ensure eligibility, candidates must adhere to specific requirements and follow a structured application procedure.
Introduction: An Overview of NDA Admission Requirements.
The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) stands as a beacon of academic and military excellence, offering a five-year regular course degree programme that combines rigorous academic studies with comprehensive military training. Upon successful completion of the programme, cadets earn a Bachelor of Science (BSc), Bachelor of Engineering (BEng), or Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree, along with a prestigious Presidential Commission into the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
NDA Admission Requirements for 76th Regular Course:
The NDA admission requirements are as follows:
Personal Attributes and Physical Fitness:
- a. Candidates must possess impeccable medical and physical fitness, upholding the highest standards of moral character.
- b. Applicants must be single males or females without legal obligations to support any dependents.
- c. Presentation of a Certificate of Indigeneship from the relevant state or local government is mandatory.
- d. Candidates must fall within the age bracket of 17 and 21 years as of August 2024.
- a. Applicants must possess a minimum of five ordinary level credits (GCE, SSCE, WAEC, NECO, NBAIS, or NABTEB) in English Language, Mathematics, and three other subjects relevant to their intended programme, with no more than two sittings allowed.
- b. Successful passage of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) is essential, achieving an acceptable minimum national standard as determined by JAMB’s annual policy meeting.
- c. Height requirements must be met: 1.68 meters for males and 1.65 meters for females.
- Candidates must have successfully passed the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) and attained the minimum national standard as determined by JAMB’s annual policy meeting.
- a. Applications without ordinary-level results will not be accepted.
- b. Candidates awaiting results are not eligible.
- c. Only ordinary-level examination results obtained within the past five years from the exam date will be considered.
- d. Admission is exclusive to Nigerian citizens, both male and female.
Cadet Status Clarification:
- a. Upon admission, cadets are considered full-time students, not employees in training.
- b. Cadets cannot claim any form of employment rights or engagements with either the Academy or the Federal Government of Nigeria unless commissioned as officers.
- Create an Account: Visit the NDA application portal and create an account using your valid email address.
- Purchase Access Code: Generate a payment RRR using the provided instructions and make a payment of N3,500.00 via REMITA.
- Complete Online Application Form: Once payment is confirmed, proceed to complete the online application form diligently, attaching all required documents.
- Submit Application and Download Acknowledgement Form: Upon completing the application, submit it and download your acknowledgement form for future reference.
NDA Admission Requirements Important Notes:
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Only applications with valid RRR codes generated from the application portal will be accepted.
- Candidates awaiting results are not eligible to apply.
- Admission into the NDA is a privilege, not an entitlement.
Conclusion: NDA Admission Requirements.
The NDA 76th Regular Course presents an exceptional opportunity for aspiring cadets to pursue a fulfilling career in the Nigerian Armed Forces while simultaneously acquiring a recognized academic degree. By carefully reviewing the eligibility criteria and following the application process outlined above, candidates can take the first step towards achieving their military and academic aspirations.